Saturday, July 5, 2014

Sessa Aurunca, Caserta

Whooops! We skipped one of the most adventurous stops of all ... Sessa Aurunca! This is the town that my dad's mother's parents were from. We went on the hunt for some of my great grandma Leonilda De Luca's relatives. Below is a picture of a gentleman butting in on a conversation I was having with a man on the street from his window! Priceless ....



Unfortunately, we were only able to stay for a brief visit since we had to meet up with my cousins in Agropoli before it got too late and it is about a 2 hour drive from Sessa to Agropoli. 


Donna and I literally had to duck into this doorway to let the car that was coming by pass. Yes, the streets really are that narrow. 



Those are the only three photos I could find from our visit in Sessa. Next, Torre Del Grecco, the home dad of grandpa Santo!





No comments:

Post a Comment