Wednesday, January 15, 2014

And finally .... Agropoli! (e finalmente ... Agropoli!)


When we arrived around 9 in the evening, we were treated to Pizza made by Peppe and Teresa. It was delicious to say the least. Pictured above: Ciro, Santo, Peppe, Luigi and Mary.


In southern Italy, eating is serious business. It's not merely a meal but an event! There's no rushing it. It's a time for enjoying good food, many laughs and most of all, each other. Most of the Spinalbese family is in the photo above.


Peppe and Teresa. The master chefs hard at work. We made not have always understood their Italian, but we understood this universal language of love very well - Mangiare!!!


This picture does not do the beauty of the coast of Agropoli justice! It was some of the bluest, clearest, cleanest water we have ever been in. Below is a typical sunset on the coast in Agropoli.




One of the major highlights of our time was being honored guests at my cousin Daniela's wedding. Donna and I kept looking at each other and saying, 'We're in Italy! This is surreal.' And to be honest, it really was. And it was a special joy to me that Donna was almost as overwhelmed by the whole experience as I was.


Donna and Tom with the beautiful bride!


My beautiful bride with my beautiful cousins.


My dad's first cousin Al Pacino ....um, I mean Antonio and his beautiful bride Giustina. Bella, bella! And I was honored to sing one of my own songs dedicated to the bride and groom. TVB!


As tender of a moment as that was, it was Tom who stole the show! His crazy dancing had the attention of all the guests as this tall American ripped up the dance floor!






No comments:

Post a Comment